French Toast Sticks
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 slices bread
1/4 cup milk
2 cups Corn Flakes cereal
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1) Cut each slice of bread into 3 strips. Place bread strips into rectangular baking dish.
2) beat eggs and milk in a medium bowl with eggbeater or fork until foamy. Pour over bread. turn bread over, using a spatula, to coat the other side.
3) place cereal into a plastic bag; seal bag. crush cereal with a rolling pin. Place crushed cereal in a shallow dish.
4) Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; tilt skillet so butter covers the bottom.
5) Remove bread strips from egg mixture, and dip into the crushed cereal. Turn bread strips over, using a spatula, to coat other side.
6) Cook cereal-coated bread in butter about 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. turn bread over. Cook other side about 4 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
Courtesy of bettycrocker.com